Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children, and join a winning team? We are the best early childhood program in the area and we only hire the best. We are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our team. Young or old, if you have the stuff, we'll know it. Negative people, gossipers, and whiners need not apply. Must be an outstanding communicator and rapport-builder with parents.
If the following statements resonate with you, come see us immediately….
- You MUST love to give hugs, wipe boogers, hold a crying toddler, get a dental inspection by a two year old, have pretend conversation “on the phone” into a block, and most of all eat pretend food like a champ!
- You must have a strong stomach and be able to handle smells. The ability to identify immediately who the smell is coming from is a MAJOR BONUS and will save lots of time and energy in the long run. With this you will also develop a high level of comfort talking about bodily functions. Don’t worry, this is normal!
- You must not take yourself too seriously. If you can engage 10 two year olds at the same time, you will look ridiculous, but it will all be worth it because they stopped what they were doing to watch you… MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
- You must be able to sing “Let it Go”, “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”, and any other songs requested by your kiddos. Your tune is not important, your performance is everything!
- You must be able to see and count a sea of moving heads instantaneously and locate anyone playing hide and seek by themselves (or with an imaginary friend).
- You must be able to read a story while one child crawls in your lap, another tries to grab the book, and another one is telling you a completely different story. The ability to read in different accents and dialects is a major bonus as it will keep them engaged long enough for your co-teacher to get diaper changes done!
- You must be able to identify and remember the names of 20+ kids, parents, grandparents, blankies, coats, socks, hair bows, and any other item that has ever walked in your classroom instantly and know the location. Don’t worry we know this is not something you will be able to do on day one, day two however is another story.
- You must be able to handle a meltdown and interpret crying, pointing, and lots of emotions to figure out what happened, all while making sure the rest of the class is ok. Multi-tasking is a LIFESAVER!
- You must be comfortable navigating on the floor, sitting at a desk and chairs that is a foot off the ground, crawling through a tunnel to save a scared child, and of course using tot sized toys!
- You must be prepared to laugh, love, and learn more about children than you ever have. This is by far one of the most joyous places to work, but you must be prepared to accept the challenges and benefits this job has to offer. Yes, you will have many days where you go home utterly exhausted, but you can’t wait to go the next day and try that amazing Pinterest project you found about Minions, because of course Minions are all the rage in your class.
If you are ready to join a winning team where we laugh, have fun, and kick drama out the door, come see us! We can’t wait to meet you.
Brainy Kids Place has a Supply Closet filled with supplies for art, science, books, themes, bulletin boards, cooking and many other supplies. If we don’t have it, just request it and we can get it for you. Teachers are provided with curriculum as a blueprint but encouraged to personalize their classrooms, lesson plans, and activities. All classrooms are provided with tablets to communicate with parents and to research classroom ideas. We want our teachers to succeed.
Are you ready? Apply today online or in person at Brainy Kids Place
P.S. This should go without saying, but please do not apply if…
- You have no way to get to work consistently or if you have to pick up or drop off others during your work hours.
- Nothing is ever your fault. At your last job, everyone else was the problem, but you did nothing wrong. (This may need to make you re-think your ability to have a job)
- You know everything, are an expert at your job after one day, or don’t need anyone else’s advice.
- You are unable to talk and work at the same time and your cell phone is attached to you at all times.
- You have no alarm clock and regularly oversleep. If you forget to come back after lunch, that will also be a problem.
WE HAVE SOME GREAT BENEFITS
- Community Environment
- Strong Friendships with Co-Workers
- Teacher Discount for Child Care
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy & Paid Holidays and Birthdays for Staff
- Access to Classroom Supplies and Staff Education
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
Our core values drive our everyday decisions. They are centered around the belief that childcare is more than just a service industry. We become part of families and are a trusted partner for parents in raising their children. Our core values are TRUST, RELATIONSHIPS, FUN!
TRUST- Parents need to feel they can trust us. They need to trust that we will take the best possible care of their children. They need to trust that we are being upfront and honest with them. They need to trust us that we will love their child as much as they do. Trust also extends to employees as well. Employees need to be able to trust that they will have job security. They need to be able to trust that management will “have their back.” They need to trust that we will make decisions that are going to improve BKP and support them in achieving their fullest potential.
RELATIONSHIPS- Trust is built around relationships. If we work closely with parents and spend time to build a positive and trusting relationship, it is way easier when conflict arises. If we do not spend time to build and nurture relationships from the beginning, we will constantly be putting out fires. Our relationships amongst staff are just as vital. When staff members work closely together and have a meaningful relationship, we can run like a “well oiled machine.”
FUN- Ultimately working with children should be fun. If you are not having fun, you should be working somewhere else. We want children to have fun and want to come to school. If you are having fun, so are the kids. We also want staff to have fun together. We want you to enjoy spending time with co-workers.
BELIEFS AND PHILOSOPHY
We believe children learn through play.
We believe children thrive in a clean and structured environment.
We believe learning should be fun and meaningful.
We believe parents want and deserve the best for their children.
We believe parents value education, safety, and cleanliness.
We believe staff should love what they do and show that passion.
We believe staff should treat all children as if they were their own.
We believe managers should support teachers to reach their full potential.
FAQ FOR STAFF MEMBERS
What are the job requirements?
- Applicant is able to write and speak fluent English.
- Is able to sit on the floor and in children’s chairs often.
- Is physically able to get up and down from floor activities
- Has the physical and mental ability to meet all job requirements, which may vary
- Will maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times
- Must pass a background check as outlined in Minimum Standards.
- Must have CPR and First Aid and keep current
- Must have GED or High School Diploma (and show proof)
- Applicant will provide any required documentation for employment (including but not limited to: social security card, driver’s license)
- Complete a notarized Licensing Affidavit for Applicants for Employment form as specified in Human Resources Code, §42.059
- Obtain and show proof of having updated vaccines (See Communicable Disease Prevention)
- Be at least 18 years old (some provisions apply for work-study applicants)
Lifting Requirements All teachers and staff members may be required to lift a child in the event of an accident, injury, tornado, fire alarm or other emergency situation. For these operational and safety related reasons, we require all teachers and staff members be able to lift at least forty (40) pounds as part of their essential job duties.